Global Engagement Fund
The Global Engagement Fund is a competitive grant program for Penn faculty and senior administrators that seeds creative, cross-disciplinary projects that will catalyze entrepreneurial research or initiatives in a global context and position Penn as a leader of global research and intellectual innovation.
The primary goals of the Fund are to:
- Develop new insight on pressing global issues in key countries/regions of the world* and important global trends.
- Promote collaboration and the integration of knowledge across Schools and disciplines; and
- Advance research and showcase innovative and entrepreneurial models for engagement.
Priority will be given to projects that articulate a clean plan for sustainability and impact.
Types of Support
- Research and engagement awards (up to $40,000) support research and educational collaborations, research travel and associated costs, field work, and curricular and course development initiatives.
- Convening awards (up to $12,000) support scholarly meetings that will be convened on the Penn campus, thereby providing enrichment opportunities to interested faculty, students, and staff.
2020 Application Timeline
Call for Proposals Launched
December 6, 2019
February 14, 2020
Step 1: Review all GEF requirements
To ensure you are eligible and competitive for funding, it is important that you review all fund requirements before completing an application. You will find detailed requirements regarding eligibility, types of support, allowable and unallowable costs, and project term and budget on the Penn Global website.
Step 2: Complete your application on SurveyMonkey Apply
You will submit your proposal through SurveyMonkey Apply, which Penn Global now uses to run almost all aspects of its funding programs. Click "Apply" in the green box to the right of this window to begin. If you do not have a SurveyMonkey Apply account, you will be required to create one before proceeding. Before you begin your application, be sure you have reviewed the requirements!
NB! Once you’ve completed your application in SurveyMonkey Apply and BEFORE submitting your proposal, you will be required to request a signature from each of the following:
- Department Chair (if applicable)
- Dean of School
- Faculty Lead
- Senior Business Administrator
Step 3: Submit your application!
After you have completed your application, you must click "Review and Submit" and then "Submit" to forward it to us for consideration. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email.